That is not an opinion. It is a fact.
I started cleaning my room yesterday, as it was slightly messy before I left for the summer, and turned into a full-blown junkyard on my return, and stumbled upon that fact. I literally had no room left on my bookcase. Even still, later that day I went to the used bookstore by my house to buy even more books, the ones I'll need for school this year.
Luckily, in addition to my bookshelf, I have some shelves on the wall that I was storing tchotchkes on. Good-bye knick-knacks. Now I have my poetry collections, short story collections, anthologies, literary magazines, this year's school books and old Lit. textbooks (that I found at yard sales and in the used bookstore's dumpster) on the wall shelf, and my novels and non-fiction books filling up the regular shelves.
My room still looks like a junkyard, but at least it is a very literate junkyard. I guess. I don't know, I'm tired.
Yes, that's all well and fascinating Katie...
Little known fact: Due to some package magazine deal Mom got awhile ago, we still get occasional magazines sent to the house, even though we no longer pay for them. One of these magazines is Better Homes and Gardens. I love BHaG. I love flipping through it and thinking, yes, when I have my own apartment, I will have floor to ceiling shelving. I will make my closet into a desk. I will have a papasan chair and pillows on the floor. I love imagining the flea markets I will visit and the tables and chairs and shelves I will buy for five dollars and paint and fix up. The unabridged dictionary I will have in the living room. Mostly, I love thinking about what BHaG rules I will break. My kitchen will not have an island; I'll be lucky if it has a stove. I won't have a garden, and what's more, I won't really care. It will be a home though. It will be a great home.
Sorry, I haven't been updating daily, folks. I have been writing daily though, so that's a plus. I'm editor in chief now, officially, and am in Poetry every day. I'm a bit poetry-ed out from last semester, but am trying my best not to churn out complete crap. Quasi crap will work for now.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment